Founded in 1906 Critchleys is Oxford’s leading firm of accountants and business advisers, with a professional and friendly culture. 120 people are based in Critchleys central Oxford offices, and provide a range of specialist services to individuals, businesses and charities. The firm has a reputation for technical excellence, training and delivering a responsive service to our clients which we strive to continue through our future appointments.
We have recently moved to brand new offices, near train links, which offers our staff a fresh, modern and inspiring environment to work in.
What we offer:
- Regular client contact from the very start and ability to build client relationships.
- Responsibility for the audit assignment and on-site team management.
- Experience of a diverse range of clients in different sectors.
- The unique opportunity in Oxfordshire to work with such a range of charity clients.
- Development from direct interaction with managers, partners and our other teams such as personal and corporate tax teams, VAT, Corporate Finance, Insolvency, Financial Planning, payroll and HR.
- Career progression with the audit team and the wider firm.
- CPD and additional training in soft skills.
- To be part of a sociable, collaborative and growing team with Critchleys.
- International travel opportunities.
- Brand new offices.
A Critchleys Person
The successful candidates will:
- Take a genuine interest in our clients and have a desire to put them first.
- Use their initiative, possess time management skills and have the ability to adapt to changing conditions to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills to build and maintain working relationships with clients and other team members.
- Apply critical reasoning to provide insight into audit work and our clients.
- Be a team player that is motivated to help our clients.
Qualifications and experience
We are looking for:
- ACA or ACCA or CIPFA part and fully qualified staff would be desirable but also those qualified by experience.
- Experience completing audit assignments Good IT Skills, including outlook, excel word and accounting packages
- Knowledge of charities and experience working with charities is desirable but not essential.
- Good knowledge of UK GAAP, IFRS and Auditing Standards
- Working knowledge of Pro-Audit and Digita products would be an advantage.
- Ability to manage your own time and meet deadlines.
The Role and salary
This role will be based in our Oxford office, which is situated close to Oxford train station, but will also involve frequent travel to clients’ premises therefore a full driving licence will be helpful if not essential.
The role will involve a competitive salary, based on qualifications and experience, payment of your training costs and other benefits such as a group pension scheme. The working hours are a 37.5 hour week Monday to Friday, with a flexi time policy.
The next step
If you would like further information in relation to this vacancy please contact Jacqui Peirson, HR & Office Manager, Critchleys, Beaver House, 23-38 Hythe Bridge Street, Oxford, OX1 2EP. Email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.