Founded in 1906 Critchleys is Oxford’s leading firm of accountants and business advisers, with a professional and friendly culture. 120 people are based in offices in central Oxford and provide a range of specialist services to individuals, businesses and charities. The firm has a reputation for technical excellence, training and delivering a responsive service to our clients which we strive to continue through our annual intake of audit trainees.
What we offer our trainees
- Client contact from the very start, as being a successful accountant is not just about numbers
- The opportunity for quick progression to Audit Senior and therefore responsibility for the audit assignment and onsite team management
- Experience of a diverse range of clients in different sectors
- The unique opportunity in Oxfordshire to work with such a range of charity clients
- Development from interaction with our other teams, for example personal and corporate tax teams and more niche areas such as VAT, Corporate Finance, Insolvency, Financial Planning, Payroll and HR
- Financial support towards your ACA qualification and a work life balance that allows you to study
- Our unique training programme that provides real life opportunities to apply the knowledge that you will be studying
- Additional training in soft skills
- A dedicated mentor to support and guide you
- To be part of a sociable and collaborative working environment
- Flexible starting dates during 2017
A Critchleys Person
The successful candidates will:
- Demonstrate a desire to learn from others, complete their ACA training and apply their knowledge
- Take a genuine interest in our clients and have a desire to put them first
- Use their initiative, have the ability to manage their own time and have the ability to adapt to changing conditions to meet deadlines
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills to build and maintain working relationships with other team members
- Apply critical reasoning to provide insight into audit work and our clients
- Be a team player that is motivated to progress their careers and become a well-rounded accountant
Qualifications and experience
Our audit trainees come from diverse academic and cultural backgrounds. We’re looking for school leavers with a good standard of ‘A’ level education with a minimum of 3 Grade B’s, or graduates with the same standard of ‘A’ level education and a degree of class of 2ii or above.
The Role and salary
This role will be based in our Oxford office, which is situated close to train services, but will also involve frequent travel to clients’ premises therefore a full driving licence will be helpful but not essential.
Our trainees are offered a four year training contract with a competitive salary, in addition to the payment of your ACA training college and exam entrance fees. The working hours are a 37.5 hour week Monday to Friday, with a flexi time policy and other benefits such as a group pension scheme, bus/train pass loan and CSR days.
The next step
If you would like to apply, please send your CV and covering letter to Jacqueline Peirson, HR & Office Manager, Critchleys, Beaver House, 23-38 Hythe Bridge Street, Oxford, OX1 2EP. Email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.