Great opportunity to join a friendly team in a fast growing payroll bureau as a Payroll Administrator (40 hours per week).
(£22,000 to £26,000 depending on skills and experience)
Critchleys HR and Payroll provides payroll services to over 300 client companies of all sizes. We are in a period of expansion and are seeking our next team member.
You will join an established team of 6 payroll administrators and work on your own portfolio of client payrolls.
We are looking for someone who is experienced in payroll processing and has an understanding of auto enrolment of pensions, ideally within client/bureau payroll.
Although a payroll qualification is desirable, it is not essential. You will be familiar with payroll software, but training will be given on our payroll system.
Team work, excellent communication and IT skills, along with a strong client service ethos, will be needed in this busy role.
You will be expected to be extremely accurate, meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
In return we offer an excellent benefits package including competitive salary, 32 days' holiday (including bank and public holidays), company pension, team bonus, funding towards CIPP qualifications and a friendly working environment.
The main purpose for this role is to provide payroll services to a portfolio of clients as part of the Payroll Team
Reporting to: Partner of CHRP
- Processing of client payrolls weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual
- Dealing with HMRC on a regular basis
- Working closely with clients to deal with payroll issues
- Operating the Payroll software
- Carrying out auto enrolment admin for clients through our payroll software
- Dealing with starter checklists, P45 and other relevant HMRC forms
- Carrying out End of Year procedures
- Online filing to HMRC
- Manipulation of spreadsheets
- Billing clients
- Developing trusted relationships with clients through the provision of excellent service and regular contact
- Keeping abreast of new legislation
- Assisting in developing and improving processes and services which enhance our offering to clients
- Undertaking any other tasks which may be required to ensure the efficient operation of the service
- Any other duties which are necessary for the efficient and effective running of the payroll service.
Knowledge and Experience
- Understanding of payroll legislation
- Experience of running weekly and monthly payrolls
- Experience of payroll software
- Experience of managing client payroll accounts or working in a bureau environment
- Understanding of Auto Enrolment processing
- CIPP qualification or equivalent
- Ability to communicate complex issues clearly, both verbally and in writing
- Excellent telephone skills
- Good IT skills (Word, Excel, Databases, Outlook)
- Ability to build rapport and develop client relationships
- Keep to keep learning and update skills and knowledge
- Must be a team player