What Is It?
- A UK, Government-led, investment to help smaller, higher-risk trading companies raise finance
- Up to 30%, Government incentivised, tax relief on investments
- Tax relief available on the tax paid in the previous tax year
- CGT due on gains on other assets can be deferred, by investing in shares of EIS qualifying companies
- Capital Gains Tax (CGT) free Growth on EIS, after three years
- Business relief on qualifying shares, Inheritance Tax-free after two years
Who are they potentially suitable for?
- Small Business Owners and Entrepreneurs who pay themselves through dividends and have limited pensionable earnings as they could obtain tax relief on income tax paid on these dividends – this year and the previous tax -year
- Individuals seeking tax-efficient savings, in addition to pensions, for retirement
- Experienced investors as part of a diversified portfolio
How can we help?
We can help you explore the opportunity to invest in this exciting area, provide in-depth research and personal recommendations to suit your circumstances
What should I do next?
If you would like us to advise you on whether investing in an Enterprise Investment Scheme is suitable for you, please contact Nick Chaitow in Critchleys Financial Planning.
M: 07971 494050
First published 8 February 2021
Last Updated 8 February 2021
8 February 2021
This is for information purposes only. No action should be taken without seeking specific professional advice. Thank you.
*Critchleys Financial Planning LLP is an appointed representative of Quilter Financial Services Limited (FCA Register number is 440703) and Quilter Mortgage Planning Limited (FCA Register number 440718), Wiltshire Court, Farnsby Street, Swindon. SN1 5AH, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
The permitted business of Quilter Financial Services Limited and Quilter Mortgage Planning Limited is advising on and arranging pensions, investments, mortgages, life assurance and general insurance.
You can check this on the FCA’s Register by visiting the FCA’s website www.FCA.org.uk/register or by contacting the FCA on 0300 500 8082. The FCA address is: 12 Endeavour Square, London. E20 1JN
Find out more about Nick Chaitow