Founded in 1906 Critchleys is Oxford’s leading firm of chartered accountants and business advisers, with a professional and friendly culture. 120 people are based in offices in central Oxford and provide a range of specialist services to individuals, businesses and charities. The firm has a reputation for technical excellence, training and delivering a responsive service to our clients which we strive to continue through our future appointments.
We have recently moved to brand new offices, near train links, which offers our staff a fresh, modern and inspiring environment to work in.
The audit team
The audit team provides audit and assurance services to a wide range of clients including fast growing technology companies, family run local businesses, international groups and AIM listed companies. A significant proportion of our audit clients are charities and therefore experience in this area would be advantageous but not essential. The team of 25 consists of audit assistants, seniors and managers who work closely together to support the audit partners, achieve our clients’ timetables, engage with our clients and provide intelligent solutions to the challenges they face.
As an integral part of the team, our audit managers seek to continue this excellence and drive the team towards its goals. Due to our continued expansion and future plans we have a vacancy for qualified accountants to join this successful team as an audit manager. The role would be ideally suited to either an experienced and motivated audit senior, seeking an opportunity to develop into a full audit manager role, or those currently within a similar role, looking for career progression in the future.
The role will entail managing the audit process for your own client portfolio in an environment of support from the audit partners and an experienced and established team.
This post is based primarily in our Oxford office, which is situated close to train services. The role will involve visiting clients’ premises, therefore a full driving licence will be useful. Bespoke training will be available to the successful candidate in both technical and soft skills.
A Critchleys Person
The successful candidates will:
- Have direct contact with audit partners, the opportunity to learn and a willingness to develop.
- Take a genuine interest in our clients and have a desire to put them first.
- Be one of a team of managers with day to day responsibility for managing the audit process and client relationships for a portfolio of exciting audit clients.
- Have the opportunity to develop a network and their own career opportunities
- Possess time management skills and the ability to adapt to changing conditions to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills to build and maintain relationships with clients.
- Apply critical reasoning to provide insight into audit work and our clients.
- Have strong technical accounting knowledge, an eye for detail and IT literacy.
- Be a team player that is willing to motivate and development junior staff and contribute to team meetings.
A competitive salary, reflecting your drive and experience will be on offer.
The next step
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and salary details to Fiona Armitage, Critchleys, Beaver House, 23 – 38 Hythe Bridge Street, Oxford OX1 2EP, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.