Founded in 1906 Critchleys is Oxford’s leading firm of chartered accountants and business advisers, with a professional and friendly culture. 120 people are based in offices in central Oxford and provide a range of specialist services to individuals, businesses and charities. The firm has a reputation for technical excellence, training and delivering a responsive service to our clients which we strive to continue through our future appointments.
Close to train and bus links and offers our staff a fresh, modern and inspiring environment to work in.
Are you an experienced audit manager looking for a new challenge and career progression in the future or are you an experienced and motivated audit senior, seeking an opportunity to develop into a full audit manager role? We are looking for an Audit Manager to join our busy and expanding Audit team.
As an integral part of the team, our audit managers seek to continue this excellence and drive the team towards its goals. You will be responsible for managing the audit and assurance process for your own diverse client portfolio, building and managing the client relationship.
In this role, you will have:
- Regular client contact from the very start and ability to build client relationships.
- Responsibility for the audit assignment and onsite team management.
- Experience of a diverse range of clients in different sectors.
- The unique opportunity in Oxfordshire to work with such a range of charity clients.
- Development from direct interaction with managers, partners and our other teams such as Personal and Corporate Tax teams, VAT, Corporate Finance, Insolvency, Financial Planning, Payroll and HR.
- Opportunities to develop a network and your own career opportunities.
- CPD and additional training in soft skills.
- To be part of a sociable, collaborative and growing team with Critchleys.
You will have good knowledge of UK GAAP, IFRS and Auditing standards, and experience of managing audit and assurance assignments. A significant proportion of our audit clients are charities, therefore knowledge and experience in this area is desirable but not essential.
You will be a team player who is motivated to help our clients, taking a genuine interest in them, and have a desire to put them first. You will be able to apply critical reasoning to provide insight into audit work and our clients, as well as demonstrate good interpersonal skills to build and maintain working relationships with clients and other team members.
You will be expected to possess effective time management skills and have the ability to adapt to changing conditions to meet deadlines. You are able to motivate and develop junior team members, offering support and feedback throughout assignments, and are confident in contributing to meetings.
In return, we offer an excellent benefits package including competitive salary, profit share scheme, 32 days’ holiday (including bank and public holidays), contributory pension scheme, time off in lieu scheme, pleasant working environment and excellent career progression.
The next step
If you would like further information in relation to this vacancy please contact Joanne Drury, Critchleys, Beaver House, 23 – 38 Hythe Bridge Street, Oxford OX1 2EP, email: firstname.lastname@example.org