Founded in 1906, Critchleys is Oxford’s leading firm of chartered accountants and business advisers, with a professional and friendly culture. We are forward thinking and provide a full range of Accountancy services to our substantial, growing and diverse client base.
We have a skilled team of well over 100 people at all levels in whom we place great value, and are strong investors in our people. The firm has a reputation for technical excellence, training and delivering a responsive service to our clients which we strive to continue through our future appointments.
Based in the heart of the city centre, our offices are close to train and bus links and offers our staff a fresh, modern and inspiring environment to work in.
Are you a qualified ACA/ACCA/ CIPFA professional (or qualified by experience) looking to take the next step in your career? Working in the Audit team you will be responsible for completing audit and assurance services to a wide variety of interesting clients.
In this role, you will have:
- Regular client contact from the very start and ability to build client relationships.
- Responsibility for the audit assignment and onsite team management.
- Experience of a diverse range of clients in different sectors.
- The unique opportunity in Oxfordshire to work with such a range of charity clients.
- Development from direct interaction with managers, partners and our other teams such as Personal and Corporate Tax teams, VAT, Corporate Finance, Insolvency, Financial Planning, Payroll and HR.
- Career progression with the audit team and the wider firm.
- CPD and additional training in soft skills.
- To be part of a sociable, collaborative and growing team with Critchleys.
- International travel opportunities.
You will have good knowledge of UK GAAP, IFRS and Auditing standards and experience of completing audit assignments. A significant proportion of our audit clients are charities, therefore knowledge and experience in this area is desirable but not essential.
We are looking for a team player who is motivated to help our clients, taking a genuine interest in them, and has a desire to put them first. You will be apply to critical reasoning to provide insight into audit work and our clients, as well as demonstrate good interpersonal skills to build and maintain working relationships with clients and other team members.
You are able to use your initiative and manage your own time, and have the ability to adapt to changing conditions to meet deadlines. You will be expected to demonstrate excellent attention to detail and have good IT skills; having knowledge of Pro-Audit and Digita products would be an advantage.
In return, we offer a 37.5 hour working week Monday to Friday, and an excellent benefits package including competitive salary, profit share scheme, 32 days’ holiday (including bank and public holidays), company pension, time off in lieu scheme, pleasant working environment and excellent career progression.
The next step
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and covering letter to Joanne Drury, Critchleys, Beaver House, 23 – 38 Hythe Bridge Street, Oxford OX1 2EP, email: email@example.com